Education Support Professionals
ESP - it's not a job; it's a career!
MEA-MFT is proud to include the education support professionals who keep our schools running!
ESP members talk about their careers: Watch these videos from NEA -- including MEA-MFT member Lynn Witts.
ESPs - What we do:
• Work behind the scenes to make our schools run smoothly.
• Strengthen the safety net for at-risk children.
• Create strong ties with the community.
• Promote parent involvement and reach out to multi-cultural communities.
• Take pride in hard work and a job well done.
• Demonstrate the importance of people from all different backgrounds working together to help every child succeed!
Without us, the doors wouldn't open.
The bells wouldn't ring.
Classrooms wouldn't be clean and well maintained.
Special students would miss the one-on-one support.
The phones wouldn't be answered.
The lights wouldn't go on.
The paychecks wouldn't be issued.
Students would go without lunch.
Public schools run because of the work we do!
Who we are:
• Paraeducators, who provide your child with extra help in the classroom and library.
• School nurses, who teach students healthy habits and comfort your sick child.
• Food service workers, who prepare and serve your child a warm, healthy meal.
• Sign Language interpreters, who empower deaf and hearing impaired students.
• Secretaries, who make our schools run efficiently and effectively to enhance our children's education.
• Special education aides, who help special needs children become independent learners.
• Technicians, who keep computers and electronic systems in our schools operating efficiently.
• Custodians, who work to keep schools clean, safe and well maintained.
• Bilingual instructors, who bridge cultures through language development.
• School safety assistants, who help keep students safe.
• Physical plant and warehouse workers who maintain security, heating, lighting, and other systems
so our children have a safe learning environment.