2009 MEA-MFT Standing Committee Report
Laurie Enebo (chair), Glasgow EA
Joe Brookshier, Retired
Cecil B. Crawford, MMCEO
Trisha Dixon, Local 4700
Marcia Herman, Lolo EA
Gloria Howell, Missoula EA
Linda Layman, Retired
Mike McCaughey, Local 4700
Dallas Miller, Retired
Dee Neiter, Billings Classified EA
Anna Perry, Great Falls Head Start
Beckie Squires, Helena EA
Lisa Yarborough, Livingston Classified
Diane Fladmo, MEA-MFT Staff
JC Weingartner, MEA-MFT Staff
Action Taken. The committee recommends MEA-MFT:
1. Renew all resolutions as written, except A-1, A-9, A-10, and B-3.
2. Renew A-1 as written. Committee separated this Resolution out in order to review the “Professional Educators of Montana Code of Ethics, a copy of which was provided by Executive Director Erik Burke. The committee reviewed the document prior to making the motion. There was a suggestion that copies of the “Professional Educators of Montana Code of Ethics” be available for those wanting to review at RA.
3. Amend A-9 to read: Title: Native American Public Service Employees.
4. Amend A-10 first sentence to read: “MEA-MFT supports and promotes professional development opportunities for all members.”
5. Amend second sentence of Resolution B-3 to read: MEA-MFT supports active monitoring and opposition to any attempt to privatize bargaining unit jobs. The first sentence of B-3 remains unchanged.
(All amendments to be considered at 2010 Representative Assembly, March 26-27)