MEA-MFT Regional Trainings 2014
MEA-MFT’s regional trainings continue!
Members statewide have given these sessions rave reviews, as they learn skills in contracts and collective bargaining, dealing with disputes in the workplace, communicating, and much more.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR -
South Central Regional Training, BILLINGS
Rescheduled for: April 11-12
Hilton Garden Inn, Billings.
The original Feb. 28-March 1 training was cancelled due to extremely dangerous winter weather. Rescheduled for April 11-12. Original registrants are being given the first chance to register for the rescheduled event. If other openings are available, folks will have a chance to register after March 10.
The event begins at 5:30 p.m. Friday with registration, "topic tables," and welcoming dinner for all participants.
Our new MEA-MFT Strong Locals Academy sessions on Saturday include:
• Bargaining: Rules of the Road
• Member Defense: Essential Tools
• Making a Hard Job Easier: What Every Local Leader Needs to Know
• Solution Driven Leadership
• Treasurer Training also offered.
A sample of participants’ comments from previous regional trainings:
- "The presenters were knowledgeable & well prepared to answer any & all questions."
- "Very helpful! Great food!"
- "Excellent information!"
- "Collective Bargaining Law, very, very helpful."
- "Didn’t know what to expect, but really enjoyed it. Thank you!"
- "I enjoyed the training, the presenters, and the fellowship."
- "Great way to energize and empower members. Well done!"
- "Budget analysis: good review/info, just need to continue using MEA-MFT when we need the help."
- "I appreciated the diversity of activities, the manner in which all participants ideas’ were affirmed."
- “Very beneficial in showing me really what the union is about.”
- “I am ever thankful to know that there is a network of folks to contact as I begin my journey as an MEA-MFT emerging leader."
- " Thank you for providing me the resources to get started! I look forward to using my excitement to draw in greater membership participation!”
- “Great way to energize and empower members.”
- “Thanks for bringing it to an area close to me.”
- “It was awesome!”
- “Excellent information. Thank you!”