Job opening at MEA-MFT
MEA-MFT Position Announcement
MEA-MFT seeks a qualified individual to fill the position of Field Consultant, based in Billings.
The position is responsible for providing providing support, training, and assistance to local organizations, for organizing new units, and for implementing MEA-MFT policies and programs (see job description listed below).
MEA-MFT is a statewide union representing 18,000 members employed in all aspects of education and public service.
This is a professional staff position, responsible to the MEA-MFT executive director. Successful applicants must be available to start no later than April 1, 2013. Salary range is $64,700 to $73,266, depending on experience; benefits are excellent. Considerable in-state travel and some out-of-state travel is involved. MEA-MFT is a tobacco-free workplace. Application is by letter and resume, detailing relevant experience and education, to Erik Burke, MEA-MFT Executive Director, 1232 E. Sixth Ave., Helena MT 59601, or by e-mail to email@example.com, by February 27, 2013. Call 406-442-4250 for more information.
MEA-MFT FIELD CONSULTANT (UniServ) – South Central 2 - Billings, Montana
Responsible to MEA-MFT Executive Director
Position Summary: The Field Consultant is responsible for providing providing support, training, and assistance to local organizations, for organizing new units, and for implementing MEA-MFT policies and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Field Consultant:
1. Promotes and facilitates implementation of and adherence to MEA-MFT programs and policies.
2. Assists and advises local organizations in all areas of organizational concern.
3. Initiates, plans and/or conducts organizational development, membership promotion and training programs for local organization leaders and members. Provides support for local organization negotiations and contract enforcement.
4. Organizes new bargaining units and local organizations.
5. Exercises responsibility for efficient operation of the area office.
6. Gathers, organizes and transmits to MEA-MFT data necessary to maintain and implement MEA-MFT program and policies.
7. Initiates, investigates and makes recommendations on legal and other support to local organizations or individual members. Acts as an agent of MEA-MFT-retained legal counsel under the direction and control of counsel where necessary and appropriate.
8. Assists governance leaders as necessary and appropriate.
9. Performs such other duties as may be assigned.