Job opening at MEA-MFT
MEA-MFT seeks a qualified administrative assistant for its Billings field office. The position is responsible for providing office, program, and administrative support for MEA-MFT. The successful applicant should have computer/office technology skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
MEA-MFT is a statewide union representing 18,000 members employed in all aspects of education and public service. Excellent salary and benefits. This is an associate staff position based in Billings and responsible to the MEA-MFT Business Manager.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume detailing relevant experience and at least three employment references to: Cathy Warner Novak, Business Manager, MEA-MFT, 1232 E. 6th Avenue, Helena, MT, 59601 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
MEA-MFT Field Office Administrative Assistant
South Central Field Office, Billings, Montana
Position Summary: The field office administrative assistant provides support to field consultants, state and local governance, and members of MEA-MFT. This is an associate staff position, based in the MEA-MFT field offices and responsible to the MEA-MFT business manager.
Qualifications: High school graduate. Experience and/or formal training in fields related to job description. Computer literacy.
Duties and Responsibilities: The field office administrative assistant will carry out various office, program, and administrative procedures involving office support activities, including:
1. Maintain knowledge of MEA-MFT issues, mission, and programs.
2. Maintain current operating knowledge of computer systems and software programs in use by MEA-MFT.
3. Complete routine and special projects.
4. Assist with office communications, including maintain the phone messaging system;
answer and route incoming calls and relay messages; open and distribute incoming mail; process and deliver outgoing mail; maintain e-mail addresses and retrieve messages,
5. Review and edit text drafts, and assist with preparation and distribution of program materials.
6. Provide assistance and perform detailed planning and implementation tasks associated with various meetings and conferences.
7. Maintain filing and recording keeping systems, including petty cash.
8. Maintain schedules and make travel arrangements.
9. Maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies, and purchase supplies.
10. Maintain and support data-based programs.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.